What is Uppy?
Uppy is a simple open source file uploading widget/library for the browser. It is so clean, simple and minimal. It allows users to focus only on the uploading files itself, rather than any other trivial issues.
- Fetch files from local disk, remote URLs, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Instagram or snap and record selfies with a camera
- Preview and edit metadata with a nice interface
- Upload to the final destination, optionally process/encode
- Lightweight, modular plugin-based architecture, light on dependencies ⚡
- Resumable file uploads via the open tus standard, so large uploads survive network hiccups
- Supports picking files from: Webcam, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Instagram, bypassing the user’s device where possible, syncing between servers directly via @uppy/companion
- Works great with file encoding and processing backends, such as Transloadit, works great without (all you need is to roll your own Apache/Nginx/Node/FFmpeg/etc backend)
- Sleek user interface ✨
- Optional file recovery (after a browser crash) with Golden Retriever
- Speaks several languages (i18n) 🌍
- Built with accessibility in mind
- Free for the world, forever (as in beer 🍺, pizza 🍕, and liberty 🗽)
- Cute as a puppy, also accepts cat pictures 🐶
Final Notes and Thoughts
Uppy is a very diverse tool that can be used in many different ways to upload files using a web browser. It can be customized to suit your needs and fit your site design. It can be easily deployed using Docker Compose.
If you find Uppy useful, give it a star on the Uppy Github repo!